http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/2010/10/04/2010-10-04_tomlinson_answers_ageold_question_its_still_rush_hour.html
This story does a lot of things. There is a lot to critique. I believe LT ran well because it was the Bills defense. . .THE BILLS! This fact is not even mentioned until later on in the story. Also, Smith claims Sanchez was flawless the past two weeks, again, a young Patriots secondary and the Bills defense is not stated. I also think, in relation to the signing of LT, the mentioning of Brian Schottenheimer as an influence was late since they both were in San Diego. Finally, there is an unnecessary glorification of LT in light that Shonn Greene had just as good a day and he is mentioned much later on. There are a lot of assumptions here and I don't think LT is the main focus of the Jets offense. . . yet. I really don't think this story could have been too difficult to write and include quotes and such since the Jets are willing to talk and talk and talk.
i agree that the writer could have done a better job by bringing forth the critiques earlier
ReplyDelete