Tuesday, October 12, 2010

mets begin interviews for gm

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/news/story?id=5674808

Allard Baird was the first of few to be interviewed for the recently vacant gm position for the mets. Whitesox and Diamondbacks gm Rick Hahn and Josh Byrnes are set to interview later throughout this week and with dodgers assistant gm logan white on friday. i thought the writer of this story focuses more on the possible gm canidates to be interviewed later rather than Baird, especially focusing in on Hahn. otherwise i thought the story was decently written considering the writer gave a brief bio of each individual.

3 comments:

  1. I like how right away the article mentions how Baird "has an apartment in Manhattan." I mean, how much does that really matter? I don't think the Mets are selecting based on where these guys live. I wish it would have talked about Alderson more because he one of the leading candidates to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like how hes integrating more people instead of just one possible candidate...looking at other candidates instead of one gm who chances of being it are slim to none is good

    ReplyDelete
  3. funny comment about Baird having an apartment in Manhattan. My guess is that they included that to show Baird would like to live here. (Some people do not like New York.) I think the reason he led with this guy -- even though he isn't the best candidate -- is that his coming was the freshest news and he could use it as a starting point to talk about the interviewing situation.

    ReplyDelete