Sunday, September 26, 2010
Mir is Back
http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Mir-Knee-KOs-Cro-Cop-at-UFC-119-27115 : I am primarily going to talk about the main event of theUFC 119. Reason being because the main event really did not live up to the hype except for the last seconds of the fight, the crowd got restless, it might mark the end of Cro Cop's career and might set Mir up for a title shot with Lesnar if he wins one or two more fights. The story is centered on Mir knocking out veteran Pride fighter Cro Cop with just 58 seconds left in the fight . Mir capitalized on a knee strike with punches and resulted in a referee stoppage. I am guessing Knapp was at the fight and I find it would be difficult to write about mma fights in part due to the fast paced action, maybe gathering notes between rounds.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I like the fact that you thought about how the writer wrote about MMA. I've only been to one MMA match -- actually it was more of a street fight -- and I just went to the dressing room afterward and talked to the fighters and and let them reconstruct the fight for me. I don't know how much time this guy had to write, but my guess is that he wasn't on a running deadline, which you all will be soon. Nice post.
ReplyDeletethe fight definitely did not live up to the hype.. its time for cro cop to retire
ReplyDeleteIt's good how the MMA was mentioned. The piece was certainly interesting and informative.
ReplyDeleteThe MMA doesn't get a lot of publicity. It seems its recent focus has been on keeping its current fans satisfied rather than trying to lure in a huge market. They need to do something to prevent boring fights from happening if they want to compete for more national attention.
ReplyDelete