Wednesday, September 8, 2010
Heisman Trophy Issues
I think it is rather harsh to ban a school from two years of bowl games, cutting football scholarships, and firing the athletic director Mike Garrett for the behavior of one player. I don’t see what these lavish gift and returning them would have any relevance to his performance on the field and the Heisman, this is not in the realm of tarnishing the trophy in my opinion. I do understand U.S.C.’s decision to remove all relating to Bush on the campus, that’s their move. Also the notes on Carroll and his departure to the Seahawks in order to jus leave the school is ridiculous. Even worse is the suggestion that, “The N.C.A.A. should make sure Carroll doesn’t get another college coaching job for seven years, a year for each major violation Southern California was found to have committed.” Why are specific people like Carroll and Garrett the targets?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The link:
ReplyDeletehttp://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/08/sports/ncaafootball/08rhoden.html?ref=sports
As I wrote in the other Heisman post, this is a very interesting story from this blog's point of view in that it brings up the practice of posting a story with unnamed sources, which is what the original Yahoo! story did that stated that the trophy was going to be taken away.
ReplyDeletei agree the 7 year ban is ridiculous.
ReplyDeleteI am a huge USC fan...although I think that the heisman committees hands were tied...they cant place blame on anyone but USC in a whole...what reggie did on the field was heisman caliber..no doubt...USC in my opinion shot themselves in the foot by giving him those special proceeding benefits...reggies agent to get the boot? haha
ReplyDelete