Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Reggie Bush Injury

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/2010/09/21/2010-09-21_reggie_bush_injury_latest_blow_for_new_orleans_saints_rb_after_losing_heisman_tr.html

I absolutely love the irony in this article. Reggie Bush just returned his Heisman Trophy that he won in 2005 with USC and in the following game he breaks his leg (awfully hard to make that Heisman pose now). James Parziale tied in the broken leg to the Heisman Trophy resignation right at the beginning of the article. He then went on to mention how USC is facing major sanctions and seems to be trying to influence the reading audience to think that Bush almost deserves to break his leg as punishment. It's always talked about whenever the NCAA comes down on a school because 95% of the time the players or coaches that were the cause of the sanctions are no longer attending the school. The person which causes the school years of sanctions faces no consequences for what he has done (John Calipari). I love the timing and direction of this article

2 comments:

  1. I agree that it is simply ironic that Bush injured his leg after returning the Heisman. However, I don't think it is fine to be joyful that a player gets injured under any circumstances. I see where comming from though in the area of consequences for certain individuals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really didn't get that the writer thought that the writer is trying to get the reader to think that Bush deserved to break his leg. I think he was just sort of presenting the situation. But I like the fact that you tried to get into the writer's head, so we can agree to disagree here.

    ReplyDelete