Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Brian Schotenheimer and the news

Now two mornings after the Jets week 1 loss, I am uncertain why the media has not covered this more specifically. After watching the game, it is clear to any football fan that the Jets were very conservative in their play call. I was very surprised the last two days that the news has not brought up this issue of the Jets "hiding" Mark Sanchez or being reluctant to let him throw the ball down the field. Anyone have any thoughts on why the media has overlooked this story that had a lot to do with the Jets' offensive struggles Monday night?

5 comments:

  1. This is a pretty interesting topic. I completely agree with you and think the media should have covered it more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Though I generally prefer that you link to a specific article and comment on it, I think this is a good post. This is a very interesting topic, especially considering what kind of game Sanchez just followed with against the Patriots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the jets(sanchez) did play a hell of a game but the pats are a more offensive orientated team unlike baltimore obviously defensive, which may be the reason the play calling may have been so conservative.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well you have to more specific with the word "media". I watched/heard a decent amount of sports analysis on the Jets loss and the majority had to do with both offensive and defensvie struggles. Defensively, penalties were an issue. Offensively, it seemed they weren't "hiding" him but thought big plays were not needed to win against a team with 2 new receivers who are not experts on the Ravens offensive system, not to mention Rice was contained. Hence, as seen in the Pats game, Sanchez threw the ball since they thought it would be a high scoring game.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sanchez wasnt reluctant...they just need to fire their offensive coordinator

    ReplyDelete